Protecting your personal details on our website.
The Website is brought to you by My Car Step. My Car Step believes it is important to protect your Personal Data (as defined in the Data Protection Act 1998) and we are committed to giving you a personalised service that meets your needs in a way that also protects your privacy. This policy explains how we may collect Personal Data about you. It also explains some of the security measures we take to protect your Personal Data, and tells you certain things we will do and not do. You should read this policy in conjunction with the Website Terms.
What we collect:
We may collect the following information:
- 1. Name
- 2. Contact information including, contact and email address
- 3. Demographic information such as post code
Using Your Personal Information
- 1. Personal Data about our customers is an important part of our business and we shall only use your Personal Data for the following purposes and shall not keep such Personal Data longer than is necessary to fulfil these purposes:
2. To help us to identify you when you contact us.
3. To help to prevent and detect fraud or loss.
4. To allow us to contact you in any way (including mail, email, telephone, visit, text or multimedia messages) about products and services offered by us and selected partners unless you have previously asked us not to do
5. We may monitor and record communications with you (including phone conversations and emails) for quality assurance and compliance.
6. We may check your details with fraud prevention agencies. If you provide false or inaccurate information and we suspect fraud, we will record this.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
1. The Website may include third-party advertising and links to other websites. We do not provide any personally identifiable customer Personal Data to these advertisers or third-party websites.
3. We exclude all liability for loss that you may incur when using these third party websites.